Monday 23 September 2013

Unchained September Visions

Hello, I hope you enjoyed yesterday's post, the wonderful conclusion of the ongoing riddle. This day, as you'll doubtlessly be aware of if you've read my last few posts, is a day free from the riddle I had set for myself, free from the constraints of my own mind and I am thus ready to drink deeply of the cup offered up a new day. I have, as a result of this, had a marvelous day creatively, I've seen many sights of note while wandering the banks of the Isis (River Thames) and took the opportunity to take some photographs of all the day has had to offer. The wildlife, even on this murky day of angry clouds and constantly damp air has been busy.
 I watched this heron fishing for an absolute age, the trick to photographing these gorgeous birds is to remain a still as them. He waits stone statue still, the slightest movement drawing his attention, the perfect moment is something that cannot be rushed, to strike to soon would mean failure and to the heron, an empty stomach, to me it only means a missed opportunity and hours of waiting for another shot, which is actually no hardship at all as I saw plenty of other natural wonders while I was waiting for this one. I took a lot of pictures of trees today as well, some of which I shall leave as simple pictures of trees others I shall work with to create some of my own visions on canvas. 





                                                                                                

As you can see, after changing the photo with the computer's graphic software
I have mentioned in previous blogs you can create some wonderfully 
strange images, this as you can also see is how I came across certain 
ideas for my paintings.
 It is a bit of an obsession I must admit,
however I do love the ways colour can
completely change the entire feel of a
photographic reproduction.
The picture above takes on a dark, almost ominous feel
with intense contrasts between red and black, whereas
the original below shows the natural, soft and beautiful
image.
 The same can certainly be said when speaking of 
man made structures, the effect could be said
 to be even more intense due to the definitive lines 
imposed by the architectural nature of the subject,
the natural always airing on the softer  side.

When attempting this effect the subject
matter is of vital importance as well,
using the example of the bridge is all
very well but when the image is of something 
a touch on the macabre side to begin with the effect
is all the more poignant.
 These ruins being in my opinion, a fine example
of the latter.


This then as you can see has been a productive day, free from self inflicted insanity.
I hope you enjoy looking at the pictures as much as I enjoyed taking them.

Peace In All

No comments:

Post a Comment