Friday 13 September 2013

Paint Contented Madness

Hello, I hope you enjoyed yesterday's post. Today has been a day of doing lots of little things, important but small jobs that you barely even realise you're doing until the time comes when they pay off, and you find yourself muttering "That's a job done not a minute to soon!". My father is traveling to Devon this weekend with my Brother and his son, my nephew, so we thought it best to split some good seasoned Beech logs, enough for my Mother's needs for a week at least, they're only away for the weekend but you never know, besides, for the middle of September it's fairly cool. I'm staying behind to paint, as my many trips there recently have sufficiently inspired me to begin creating, and there are some fine inspirations around my home as well, the like of which I posted a couple of days ago. I had been thinking about how pleasant I find the small and varying  tasks that there are to do around my home when it struck me, the little jobs and the art, really do happen to compliment each other perfectly. The artistic process for me, very briefly, comprises of time spent away or wandering the woodlands of home, writing as I go mostly, with the occasional sketch thrown in for good measure and then, as if driven by some other worldly desire to disrupt, with all the arresting power of summer rain an idea will hit me, intensely shocking to the senses but refreshing at the same time...after that, comes the time of waiting for the vision to mature and become so painfully clear that I have to get it on to canvas as quickly as possible lest I'm driven mad...and so, I paint...a quiet then descends, I feel fulfilled but at the same time quite empty and oddly contented, I always feel a sense of contentment when it's all over and my visions have become embodied in oil, acrylic, water colours, pastel or chalk and charcoal. The thing is, when this is all over I desperately need something to do, writing is not quite enough and besides that I'm in no mood to create for a few days after finishing a painting anyway. So I slowly but surely, and happily mind you, take up the axe to split the logs, feed the Chickens and weed the Herb and Vegetable patches, mow the grass or rake the leaves, cook for my lady love Daisy (which always makes her smile) and generally keep the place running. I guess what I'm saying is, the importance of the little things cannot be underestimated, the larger part of my life would fall apart fairly quickly without them. The great and humble, the big and small, all exist for each other. Funny that we don't see ourselves the same way.

Peace In All 

No comments:

Post a Comment