Sunday 22 September 2013

The Mirror Behind The Door

Hello, I hope you enjoyed yesterday's post. I have been rather vague about things in my last few posts as I have been struggling with this blasted riddle that I'm sure you're getting as frustrated and at the same time intrigued by, well I at least I hope you're intrigued. This then is what I've been waiting for, a breakthrough, a huge sigh of relief and not to mention the fact that I can now move on just a little bit wiser than before. I say wiser, however seeing things a touch clearer than before would be a rather more accurate appraisal  of my previous plight. This is because it was so mind crushingly simple that I completely overlooked it. I have been known in days past to utter the words, "Try not to think too much", and of course while I was busy saying this I walked straight toward this particular pitfall and stumbled in ankles-n-all, with all the blind benevolence one can muster whilst being right about something...fool...did I mention a touch of arrogance. Still, this being in the past, having learned a valuable lesson and also having sufficiently chastised myself for it, I can now enlighten you as to how I discovered all this. I was reading through some of my note books when I came across a poem I had written on the first night Daisy, the love of my life, who I have no doubt mentioned before and myself, met with my Brother and his son together with my Mother and Father, at the families retreat in the west country. The poem in question had some other writings after the verse, personal thoughts on the poem I'd just written, which were obviously important to me at the time and of unmeasurable importance to me now. Here it is, including the passage I had scratched out at the bottom of the page.

First Day Holiday

The road ahead with Daisy sped,
family already weaved that thread,
at happy tear caravan,
one boy, two women and three called man.
From Oxfordshire in England,
crossed following setting sun,
westward travel four hours done,
bent on laughter's feast of fun,
 first night two brothers had a drink,
all others sleeping on the brink,
before sleep smoke pipe with moon and think,
when this day's hours came light,
we fished for Trout, a hungry fight.
The young one learned many a skill,
and unless you eat it never kill,
the afternoon came on soon,
we float to sea on surfer's swoon.
In the evening by harbor light,
fish-n-chips in town that's oh so bright,
there we saw art and played our part,
vow to leave before my own flow's start.
So ends this the first day,
of a trip with much to say,
of Family and Daisy's play,
I'll end it here as so I may.

Note to any; Poems such as the one above I write to begin the flow,
for some reason I need five minutes to connect mind to pen.
Some are good, some are bad and as with all things, some land in the middle.
This one is bad writing, but...a true and a good memory...to me, it is good, it is for me.

This is the thing I was looking for over the last few days, the link in the chain of my thoughts that I had managed to misplace, the key to the door I had locked the answer to my riddle behind. I have since unlocked the door and discovered a mirror standing in the doorway...the truth of it all was always standing there looking at me, all I had to do was open my eyes.




©D.N.Read2013


Peace In All

No comments:

Post a Comment