Monday 9 September 2013

To Feel Or Not To Feel, That Is No Question

Hello, I hope you enjoyed the various changes to my blog yesterday. Today has been one of those in between days, I wrote last night for a couple of hours at my local pub as I often do and I am pleased with my efforts. I have written five books of poetry as some of you may know, 'The Poet Tree', 'Temples Of The Painted Mind' (I bet a few of you really want to know why my blog is called by the same name), 'Whispering Ink Song' and 'Scattered Parchment', all of which are compiled under one title in my book, 'Words To Dates', I also wrote a small book of animal poems, my observations and musings about them all, I know them well and thought they at the very least deserved a poem or thirty. They are all available on amazon, which is nice, to have your poetic works in print is a wonderful feeling. I am currently working on another book of poetry, it feels different to the others and that's nearly always a good thing in my experience, diversity after all is a key fundamental of life, and because of this and a few personal reasons, I write the way I do. To dwell on love, all be it of the up most importance, or death , even though it effects us all in some way shape or form, or fear and anger, desperation and hope, all those things can be a slippery slope. It is of course necessary to draw on our most powerful emotions in order to give true feeling and insight into that of which us writer's write, but it is always worth baring in mind all the lighter things that make us smile and laugh, walks in sunlight or moonlight, the sound of the sea, dawn in the forests of the world, the banter between friends (more important than is generally known), or chance encounters with new folk or places, how the world feels to you and others as a whole, even the flavor of  something you've never tasted before. There is a whole world of possibilities, both outside and inside ourselves. With this in mind earlier today, much to the consternation of my Chickens and the amusement of my dog, I ran outside in a flourish of eccentric joy and threw off my shirt, baring my chest to the September rain, it was cold, but it was good, and it was good...because I felt it!

Go and feel

Peace In All

No comments:

Post a Comment