Wednesday 3 April 2013

Risking Hello

Hello........such a simple word and yet it is also a word that is unfortunately falling into disuse. Of course when you go and meet your mates or people you just know then you are bound to say hello, but saying hello to people as you pass them in the street, or even saying good afternoon seems no longer to happen. I nodded and smiled to someone yesterday and said hello as I was walking to the river near my home and the person I greeted in passing immediately broke eye contact and walked even faster than before. I know what your thinking, "If you were wearing a scowl like the expression on your profile picture then I'm not surprised", well I can honestly say that I am usually smiling and I was definitely not wearing a scowl that day. Are people scared of each other to  such an extent that hello is alien to them? Is it worth spending your life afraid if that's the case? Is it not about time that we start risking hello?   I hope so!    

No comments:

Post a Comment