Thursday 21 March 2013

Where has the voice gone?

Where has the voice gone? when I was growing up I remember people having a voice, if something happened in the world that was not quite right people would get up and do something about it. My father and brother along with the head master of my old school hated the idea of children suffering in a world where there is really no excuse for not helping. They got together and rode on push bikes great distances raising money for a children's charity on the way. It was a small difference but never the less a difference. On a grander scale the same year they did their bike ride the Berlin wall came down, a fine example of the peoples voice. What do people do now? They moan from the comfort of their local pub and do nothing. I am only writing this, but I'm doing it in the hope that my voice will be heard, and even if only one more person says to themselves "yes, we must act not talk" then my voice has made a difference. If you all do the same it will become 'The voice'. I'm no crazy man with unrealistic dreams, just a bloke who sees that a common goal is something we are all aware of, but we have lost our voices and we need to learn to shout again!

No comments:

Post a Comment