Sunday 17 March 2013

I just asked someone a wierd one!

I was sat here a few minutes ago thinking about a chapter title whilst working on my new book and my mind began to wander, I tend to loose my train of thought when I'm wiped out, anyway, I know people have been asking meaning of life type questions since the beginning of time and that can get a touch tedious, so I thought to myself 'if God/gods happened to walk in to my front room or materialize or whatever and sat down or stayed suspended in a hovering motion to have some tea or coffee, what would we talk about? The first thing that popped into my head was strangely "do you take sugar and what's the name you go by day to day by the way, I ask because given that all the worlds different religions have separate names for you it must be quite difficult for you. What do you like to be called?" I decided to ask a couple of other people what they would say, if they were having a brew with God/god's, and this is what they said; "so you do exist then" said one while laughing, and "what's the crack, oh and there is wine if you prefer?" The other said, "What are you doing back here then" while worrying about whether or not he/she would soil themselves. I know what your thinking, but remember these are responses I got when asking. I guess the real question is do you really think asking something profound would be a bit rude given that God/God's are constantly getting the blame for huge amounts of world wide wrongness. Would it not be better to say "you look ruff, do want a drink mate, I can put some tunes on if you like?".

No comments:

Post a Comment