Saturday 1 June 2013

Well I put those paintings of mine up for sale, and I've painted another, the inspiration has been coming in floods, which is nice. The writing too, I have been working (if you can call it that) on the the second in a trilogy of poetry books called 'A Quill Unchained' the first of which is entitled 'Whispering Ink Song', available on amazon in kindle and paperback formats........blah, blah, baaaaahh, I am starting to sound like one of the sheep...never good. Anyway, Yesterday I finished another painting which I have called 'Sun Peek Silhouette', I painted it from a memory of mine, when once, a few years back now I suppose, I was wandering in the mountains looking for inspiration, learning and great many other things besides, as one does. I remember it with clarity, one enormous peak and many others behind it in the distance, the sun was going down, the insects were biting and I'd not yet found a place to camp for the night, but it all meant very little, as the sun sank lower the silhouette of the mountains became almost two dimensional, very bizarre and very beautiful. Here it is, how I remember it, but when I think of what it would look like now on canvas. Kind of...you know what I mean.
Oh and when I said that I don't call it work when I write, I simply meant that more often than not people associate work with hard ship, stress, the good old comment "I hate my job", and the general consensus  that work is a drag or at least can be, and I don't because I love what I do.
I hate working inside, truth be told, I'm a gardener that writes poetry and stories from time to time, and I also paint quite a lot too. 
Self expression can set you free you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment