Sunday 27 July 2014

A new Book

Hello, I've been writing a new anthology, or rather, writing poetry as I always do and the things I think folk will appreciate I've turned into an anthology. I got to thinking of what people may appreciate in a literary sense and it occurs to me that I should publish my blog in paperback, you guys seem to like it and there are many folk out there such as myself who prefer the feel of a book in hand. I've toyed with the Idea before now and never really done a great deal about it, however after making some inquiries as to the popularity of such a book I have decided to go ahead with it. I'm not just going to copy and paste the whole thing and have it printed, no, instead I'll be adding notes along the way, using the months as chapters and the years as parts. It's been interesting to look back over the things I've written and painted or photographed and see the changes there have been along the way. I've never really mentioned it before but when I started writing my blog I was two years along the road to recovery from illness, I'm fine now, and feel incredibly lucky to have been given another shot at things. I was far to zealous a fan of drinking back then, way before I published my first book and way before the blog. My last rampant spree of the madness involved wandering around Europe with a journal and several bottles for company in 2011. The writing helped, I'm a firm believer that a pen and some paper is the best psychiatrist going, far cheaper too. The emotional release gained from expressing yourself artistically and the freedom it brings and thus, the benefit to the soul, cannot be measured.  I've always written but it wasn't until I became myself again that I realised I could not only enjoy what I do but possibly help in some small way, even if it's just a photo of mine brightening someones day. Even if it is just 'one' person. It's going to take a while to put together and I'll keep you updated as to it's progress, I may even include this post and some of the posts along the journey as the last pages...what a bizzare feeling, writing that which  will be written? Anyway, until then I hope you enjoy the ride too, and the anthology I'll be releasing in the next few days is called    'A Walk In Chaos'   which will, as usual be available through Amazon, blah, blah...you know the rest.

Peace In All

No comments:

Post a Comment