Wednesday 2 March 2016

~To Have & To Hold~

I would like to let you all into a little secret...
We have all heard people say, "When you find 'The One' you'll know; you'll just know"...
We all so desperately want to believe it...
Our hearts & souls call out in hope, willing us to believe it...
But we just don't quite get there...
The shadows of doubt creep from the edges of thought...
This idea so sweet & noble hides behind a pleasant veil of fantasy...
We run there for comfort, but it's never quite enough...
It's easy to lose hope...

I beg of you not to...
There is always hope...
You must always carry on...
I know this now...
The rumours are true my friends...
When you find 'The One' you know...

I became engaged a week or so ago...
To the one...
To have & to hold...

No comments:

Post a Comment